Scientist – Immunology / Cell Therapy
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Research & Development
The successful candidate will have scientific knowledge and demonstrated success in studying immunomodulation, identifying and functionally analyzing different immune populations in vitro and a good understanding of the underlying mechanisms of systemic inflammation. Will lead projects to further characterize MoA and work towards pipeline development.
Other important qualifications include a commitment to scientific excellence, an appreciation for the balance between technology platform execution and development, and an ability to troubleshoot and solve problems. The successful candidate must be able to independently manage the technical and strategic needs of their project(s), work productively with junior and senior colleagues, and be able to adapt to the changing needs of an early-stage company. Excellent communication skills are also required.
- Ph.D in Immunology/Cell Biology/Biomedical sciences or a life science with 3 or more years of post-doctoral and/or industry experience
- Recent laboratory experience in co-culture systems and immunophenotyping through flow cytometry
- Skilled in functional immune assays and assay development
- Experience with mesenchymal stem cells is a plus
- Ability to work in a small company environment, including making clear decisions in the face of ambiguity, conflicting deadlines, and changing priorities
- Highly organized, detail oriented, results driven and accountable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including high emotional intelligence
- Ability to work in a collaborative group setting, and able to work with and through others
- Ability to independently manage the technical and strategic needs of projects, and to concisely communicate results and recommendations. Project leadership experience is a plus.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.